Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ
2 Peter 3:18

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Life goes on . . .

Well, my day was going along just swimmingly. The beds were made, Wilson & I were bathed and dressed, the sink was clean, and laundry was drying in the dryer. We left to eat lunch and run some errands. I forwent my usual #5 at Chick fil A and got the healthier caesar wrap and diet lemonade. Wilson played in the place without crying and left without crying. We then went to 3 other stores (well past his nap time) and made some huge accomplishments without either of us melting down. I found the perfect foundation garment that I've been looking for- a tank top body suit to wear with all these low rise jeans that we're now forced to wear. Something to cover my fanny and it's stretch marks that are always hanging out the back. Can't tell you how thrilled I was to finally find this little item- as an added bonus it holds in the roll at the waist and it was on sale. I also picked up some hangers at Target so that I can finish my ironing and hang up the rest of Phil's clothes. I found an ostrich feather duster that the Flylady recommends- I'm adding a link to her site on the side bar, she's an amazing find if you're domestically challenged like me. I came home to find that it works really well, and Jack doesn't think it's MADE of ostrich feathers- he thinks it IS an ostrich. He is currently laying in the kitchen, panting his heart out, with the duster cornered on the kitchen table- whew, we're all safe. Wilson fell asleep on the way home, so it was no challenge to get him down for a nap. So, I sat down to check all my pal's blogs. Do you ever get lost on a blog rabbit trail. You know, you go to check up on your best friends, you leave a comment somewhere and realize that someone you haven't heard from in years also left a comment, so you click on them, find a link to their little sister's blog and pretty soon you're looking at pictures of people you've never met! Well this happened this afternoon. I got to a blog and the following video was playing.
It took about 2 seconds for me to realize that the girls are dancing their hearts out in the foyer of my former home- the Kappa Delta house at Mississippi State! It was so fun to see, then so incredibly depressing. Here I was all pumped up about a FOUNDATION GARMENT to hold my hiny in, while they are probably trying to figure how to show more of theirs off. And I say go ahead, girls. It's only been . . . let's see . . . oh dear god, it's been six years since I was in college! These kids aren't even old enough to have seen Growing Pains (the theme song they're dancing to) live- they've only seen reruns. Oh well, go ahead girls your cute figure will be gone soon enough. I'm thinking about letting Jack have a turn at the ostrich, maybe Patsy, the KD maid, will come down and do some alumnae work!
I'd like to say that Wilson's smile and "mama, member, blocks (some stamps that we got at Hobby Lobby) in car, let's getum" as he woke up and the fact that Jack still has the feather duster cornered would be enough to make me smile, but right now, girls, I'm think we need to have an emergency Mom's Night out 3 weeks early. And we will get there before 7 this time so we can get our 2 for 1's!!

4 comments:

The Segrest Family said...

maggie, you are too right! i too get lost on the blog rabbit trail! that is how i found your site! AND i have seen that video! on two of their sites, and they are married and out of college now, but NO KIDS! so i too thought to myself, 'those were the days'! and patsy! i have not thought about her in a long time- she used to leave me funny messages on my voicemail- she would call from the phone in the foyer!

The Kosko Family said...

i've seen the video, too....it's on one of my sister's best friends blogs....i laughed so hard!

for one, i loved that show...i mean, kirk cameron....dream boat.

and i know how you feel looking at the young ones and remembering what it was like b.c. (before children)....but we can make great memories now...i'll bring a cd player with the "saved by the bell" theme to mom's night out, and we'll make up some choreography, tape it, and post it on our blogs...

Unknown said...

OK - I don't think you know me, and I can't find a picture of you to see if I know you or not, but I bet you were a KD with one of my sisters...Kristen or Laura Tomlinson.
Anyway, I am the youngest Tomlinson...Heather. Yes, those dancing fools are my best friends. They did this during exam week because it was the last semester and while most of us (me) were trying to graduate, they were playing in their crafts and walking classes. so, the dance was there entertainment during that week.
And yes, Patsy saw the routine many times.
I miss her.
Heather (Tomlinson) Skaggs

Unknown said...

Hi! I was one of the dancing KDs (the one with blonde curly hair)!I was on a rabbit trail through Heather, and it was funny to see the video mentioned on your blog...haha!

I miss Patsy everytime I have to clean the bathroom!