Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ
2 Peter 3:18

Sunday, April 22, 2007

A Few More Wilsonisms

After the last post I have been reminded of a few more Wilson stories that I thought needed to be recorded for posterity (I have a feeling I'm still leaving some out, but I'll keep posting them as I remember them)


A few weeks ago we were meeting some friends at the Natural Science Museum. On the way there I was telling Wilson who all would be there, "Nathan's going to be there and Baby Thomas (Nathan's brother)is going to be there and Stella's going to be there with her little sister Lucy." Wilson thought about this for a second and said, "Thas a lotta kids . . . sigh . . . I need a broffer!"


When Wilson wakes up from his nap or in the morning he loves to announce this fact- "I wake up!" It's especially thrilling when he makes this announcement at 3:00 in the morning or about 10 minutes after he's been sent to his room for his nap. I'm like, "umm, you forgot to go to sleep- go try again, please." I must add that this must be an inherited trait as I myself used to announce myself each morning by proclaiming "Maggie's awake!" from my crib. It was my subtle cue to my loyal subjects to come and remove from my sleeping chamber.


When he's in trouble and is trying to avoid punishment he'll look at me with the cutest little smile you've ever seen, point at me and say, "Mamma, you're happy". And no matter how mad I really am, this really does make me happy and who can spank when you're happy. Cursed "original sin"- why does disciplining have to be so hard.


We'll call this one "nearly nude handyman". Phil was fixing our fence and gate this weekend. Wilson sat down to ponder life for a while and got lost. He had an accident. So I removed his undies and pants and then went to "hold something" for Phil while he hammered or screwed it into place. When I got back to help Wilson get dressed, I found that he had gone in and brought all of his tools outsides and was attempting to put the old gate latch back together, muttering "I help daddy- I hammer dis wight here . . ."





We think he may be getting a little influence from our Japanese neighbors. He consistently swaps "r's" for "l's" and vice versa. We actually have some friends who had their vet change their cat's name to "Loy" on his medical records because they found Loy to be a much cuter name than Roy. So now when we tell Wilson "we're going to Mr. Nate's house and we're going to see Nacho, Sam, and Loy" He says "we go to missa Nate's house and see Nacho, and Sam, and Roy." (No, no, no! Sing like this, not fa-ra-ra-ra-ra, fa-la-la-la-la- the Chinese restaurateur from A Christmas Story)



He is also constantly roaming around the house singing songs. It's hysterical, because most of the time he's purposefully making up new words to old favorites. He reminds me of the character Frances the badger in the children's books (Bedtime for Frances, Bread and Jam for Frances, and A Baby Sister for Frances)- she was one of my favorites as a child. She always made up random songs about what she was doing- and that's Wilson, just wandering around creating a little sound track of his life!

No comments: