Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ
2 Peter 3:18

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Our Newest News

In case we haven't told you in person already- we are expecting Baby number 2! What a great mother's day surprise for our family. Of course, the day would have been better if Wilson and I hadn't had the stomach virus, but I'm sure when I'm feeling better, I'll hardly remember the yucky parts (then again, maybe not, we'll see). I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and she went on and did a sonogram to be sure that all the aches and pains I'd been having were in fact due to the virus, and all looks well. I've attached the photo. There's an arrow pointing to the little peanut, although I'm not sure why that black void is the baby and the other one's aren't. But if doc & sono tech are happy, I'm happy!

Wilson is pretty excited. He wavers back and forth between sister and brother. Yesterday he decided that Jack is his brother so now he needs a sister. The dog was less than thrilled- he claims no relation. This morning he said he wanted to love the baby, so he put his head on my stomach and then gave it a kiss! I couldn't believe he even thought to do that. I also just moaned that mama's tummy hurts and he leaned over on me and said poooooor mama. I could get used to the sympathy!!

Dad has also been quite the super hero the last few days. Helping clean up after Wilson and the products of a toddler having the stomach virus while also keeping a close eye on his wife who's equally sick and pathetic. Poor guy- maybe he'll get to move out of the guest bed before we have to take it down for the baby bed!

I thought the ticker was appropriate since Phil has always claimed that he hatched.

When I went to put this photo back on the fridge after scanning it last night, I put it under a magnet right by one of my favorite pictures of Wilson. And then it just kind of hit me- I HAVE TWO CHILDREN. WOW- what an awesome responsiblity. I suppose the Lord only gives us what we can handle (I also suppose that's why he's placed me in a town with 4 grandparents & 7 great-grandparents!)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are soooooooo excited once again!!
PatPat

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you. It was so nice to see you a couple of weeks and finally meet Wilson. I'm sure Wilson will make a great big brother.

Danielle

Anonymous said...

Aunt Ashley is soooooooo excited about the new baby! I can't believe that once again, I have a pregnant sis-in-law and a pregnant sister! How fun, my life will now revolve around November 6 and Jan 18, the expectant due dates! WOHOO!!!!!!!

Maggie said...

AAHHH!!! I'm so excited for you!!!
I can't wait to see you again!!

The Kosko Family said...

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!

that is wonderful news mags!

The Segrest Family said...

awesome! congrats!!!!!!!! i am pregnant too- 9 weeks- so we will be due around the same time!

helen said...

Maggie, hey it's Helen Hite Stacy...I just found your blog. Wilson is SOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!! Congrats on the new baby, that is awesome!!!

LT (and Max) said...

congratulations maggie! how exciting! sounds like things are going well for you!
Laura Tomlinson

christina polk said...

Maggie,
Helen told me about your blog. Wilson is just to cute! You know I am partial to that name also!! Congrats on Baby #2. Our little boy,Banks, is 9 months! Hope to see you at the JA reunion tomorrow night! Congrats again.

Christina Wilson Polk

Allison said...

Hi Maggie. Congratualations on both children. I now have a daughter named Margaret Tyler McCool and we call her Maggie. You can check out my blog at
http://themccools313.blogspot.com. I hope all is going well for yall. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you, Phil, and Wilson. Good Luck! :o)
~ Tracy

The O'Brien Family said...

Maggie...
We are so excited for you and Phil! I am enjoying your blog!
2 is fun and crazy!
I'll keep in touch.
ELizabeth