Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ
2 Peter 3:18

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Christmas Project No. 1

Last week Pat-Pat stopped by with an early Christmas present for Wilson & me. Apparently we've come across as bored, because boy did she fix us up with a project!! (Just kidding, Pat Pat, you know us all too well. We both love a project and we LOVE our gift -the FIRST round was quite fun!) She came in with a very large box from Williams Sonnoma. Inside was a red apron with a race car and track on it, a red spatula with a race car on it, a cake pan that makes 8 different car & truck shaped cakes, and a tin of candies to decorate them with. One of Wilson's loves is cooking so this sent him on a chatter box whirlwind. That particular day I was in the middle of painting Wilson's room and that evening we were going to the Singing Christmas Tree with our community group, so we couldn't start them that minute. But that didn't stop Wilson's enthusiasm. He talked about it for the rest of the day and carried the spatula everywhere (it rode in the car with us to eat dinner and go to the tree that night!) He woke up the next morning raring to go! Here's the process and product:





This one features two marshmallow snowmen driving their Christmas tree home. My great grandmother's voice came through load and clear through her great-great grandson while we created this one. I cut the tree out of sour candy tape and put down some icing for him to stick in. After he stuck it on, he let me know "Mamma, it's 'posta' have a star on top!" This immediately brought back memories of me, my mom, and grandmother decoration gingerbread men & women in my grandmother's kitchen at Christmas and her mother sitting at the table say, "you all should ice a little lace collar around the necks of the girls!" Thankfully, the forth generation was content with a small, yellow Dot for a star- I could just see myself with a paring knife trying to get it into a star shape!

6 comments:

Pat Pat said...

It turned out EXACTLY the way I imagined it! So glad y'all had fun! And no, I didn't think you were bored at the time--maybe needing a little diversion from the day, though!

Mommy of Tyler and Chase said...

I am so jealous! I was looking at this set in the catalog..how fun! I know Wilson loved all the cars..hope you are feeling well!

Mysti Chustz said...

SO FUN!!! Coleman would love the truck cakes too! However, I am most impressed with the fact that you are 8 months pregnant and painting rooms!!
Mysti

laura said...

what cute new posts! i love all the pictures!! i, too, saw the cute racecar things in william-sonoma - i hope andrew will cook with me like wilson does with you!

Lauren said...

Nobody told Aunt Lauren that Wilson likes to help out in the kitchen. It warms my heart to have another little chef in the family!

Anonymous said...

Can I get your address? Like a moron, I threw away that cute change of address card that you sent.
Ragan