Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ
2 Peter 3:18

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Friends in Cuddly Places


Miller had her 4 month check up yesterday. She's 16 pounds 13 ounces and 26" long. She's in the 95-97%. What a BIG girl! We are completely off the special formula and have moved on to "Sensitive" Similac. The doctor was very pleased with the progress she's make digestion wise. She then had to get 4 shots- NO FUN!!(note the band aids on each of those chubby little thighs). We got home, took some Tylenol (infant and adult extra strength) and she snuggled down with her buddies for a little recuperation.


Later, I consulted my good friend The Baby Whisperer to see what she had to offer in the way of advice for four month olds and helping them sleep a little more soundly at night. I found out I'd been starving my child of sleep and food. She's been taking hour long naps and then waking up. So, I was thinking "great hour long nap" and going and getting her. Turns out she really just needed to be put back to sleep. Today when she woke up after an hour I gave her her paci instead and she went back to sleep for another hour. She also had been wanting more to eat when she woke up in the morning and has been waking up earlier to get it. Today she has polished of two 7 ounce bottles (up from 5) and had a pretty big serving of rice cereal at lunch along with a few more ounces of formula. I wonder if this will help her sleep harder tonight?

No comments: