Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ
2 Peter 3:18

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Summer Vacation


Wilson found out in about April that there was something called "summer vacation". He was immediately fascinated by this seemingly unending break from the rigors of 4 year old preschool. A plan needed to be formed. We had to shoot down a few preliminary plans (chicago, disneyworld . . .) before he hit on Memphis. Before I even had a chance to call our family there he was telling friends that "in a few weeks I have a big summer vacation. If you try to call and I'm not home, I'm probably in Memphis. My aunt lives there and she has a pool." Fortunately, our Memphis relatives could squeeze us into their schedule! We spent time at the zoo, the children's museum, the botanic gardens, and playing with our baby twin cousins. And, of course, swimming! We had a great time and made some very fun memories for the summer.

I highly recommend the botanic gardens if you are in the Memphis area and need a kid activity. We were there for several hours and could have stayed longer if I'd brought lunch!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: