Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ
2 Peter 3:18

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My First 29th Birthday

You know, you get to an age where you have to continue with life as usual whether it's your birthday or not. Diapers have to be changed, birthday or not. Spilled milk has to be wiped, tears have to be dried, screams have to be screamed (your's and your children's) whether it's your birthday or not. And while you wouldn't trade it for the world, it's real easy to get up, fold a hundred loads of laundry and then realize, wait a minute, this is my birthday. Shouldn't I be Queen for the day today? In a wonderful attempt at heading off the depression that can ensue on such a birthday, my sweet friend Jamie took me and the kids to lunch- it would have been more successful had she not asked if I was actually turning 30 . . . but whatever. Just kidding, James! thanks so much for getting us out of the house and then hanging out for the afternoon with us while you waited for your AC repairman to come (another highlight of mommydom- wrangling 2 kids, pregnant with the 3rd while you wait for someone to show up "between 1:00 and 5:00" with no air conditioning in June in MS!) We went to a new deli and then the kids played in the outdoor fountain before coming back to our house for a change of clothes and some yummy b'day cake leftover from my mamma's family celebration earlier in the week.

I also got a very special gift. Wilson and Phil went to a bead store and Wilson picked out some beads and made me a "millipede bracelet". It's really pretty bright blue, oblong beads. When it lays flat the beads fall to either side of the wire they're strung on, and it looks like the legs of a millipede to Wilson. They also had some pink beads made into earrings from Miller.

Thanks, everyone for a great first 29th birthday- I feel very loved!



No comments: