Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ
2 Peter 3:18

Thursday, August 30, 2007

What's new?

What a peaceful little sleeper- on mom's side of the bed, head on her favorite pillow! Wilson came and got in our bed one morning last week and fell back to sleep. He looked so cuddly and sweet I really couldn't do anything other than take his picture, even though I would have given anything to be in his exact spot!

Too bad that peaceful sleeping doesn't happen all night every night. Like last night when his high fever kept him up so he slept on a pallet on our floor. He had a low-grade fever on Monday, but it did not affect him at all. Then Tuesday he woke up asking to go to school. I told him we'd have to take his temperature, but if he still had fever he couldn't go. To which he replied, "P-leeease let me goooo to my BIIIIG school!". 97.7. He went to school. Then I spent the better part of yesterday fussing at him to quit whining so much, only to discover at 7:00pm that he had 102 fever. Mom of the year, right here!

I think the official diagnosis is the crud. Thankfully, though, not strep. I have to say he braved the swabbing of the throat much better than I expected. Of course, it was the first time- I'm sure from now on he'll be much more wary of 10" Q-tips.

As we were leaving the office one of the nurses gave me a "bless your heart" look as she asked when I was due. When I told her January 16th her jaw about hit the floor. Then, I guess just to double check, she asked how far along I was. When I said 20 weeks she just about passed out. I guess it's safe to say that Shu Shu (no, we still don't have a name yet- does anyone know the Chinese meaning of Shu Shu, we may just stick with that!) is going to be a big baby. I'll round up and say I've gained about 2 pounds and at our last appointment she was measuring at 63%. Maybe she'll take after her great grandmother. My grandmother has a note from a relative congratulating her on a childhood achievement and being a "large girl". Shu Shu has made her first visible flip- apparently she likes Hello Kitty candy. I was taking a bath last night and had some cherry sours. I looked down to see her making some very big gestures of approval.

Well- those slice and bakes aren't going to put themselves in the oven. I better go . . .

4 comments:

The Kosko Family said...

nothing wrong with shu shu being a brick house.......

Anonymous said...

When I pulled this up, the picture gave me a start! I thought I was looking at Phil again as a little boy! That position is his daddy all over again--scary (but very sweet!). Hope everyone gets to feeling better! P2

Paul said...

I asked Huey what shu-shu means in Chinese. He said it doesn't mean anything in either Mandarin or Cantonese. So we're good.

On another note, I've heard that it is a blend of a 4-letter expletive and poo-poo, so perhaps it's time we make some headway. :)

love you!
-phil.

Anonymous said...

One of my girlfriends uses that word for going #2! I'm not really sure what it means though. I'm so glad that it isn't strep! It was great catching up this morning, love to all! Aunt Ashley