Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ
2 Peter 3:18

Monday, February 11, 2008

Squirrel Hunt, Part Deux

Well, you be the judge. After watching the above video, it would appear that we have another furry friend that has taken up residence with us. If your sound is loud enough, you can hear it scratching around in there. Our exterminator's best guess is that another squirrel came in and got stuck- "makin' too much noise for a mouse or a rat. So, you can leave it in there, it'll die, stink to high heavens for about a week. Then, just as the smell is startin' to get better, the flies'll come in . . . " What's plan B? He "knows a guy" that specializes in animal removal. He'll come cut a hole in the wall and get it out. That guy comes one morning, cuts a hole, and NOTHING is there. Not even "evidence" that something was there. We heard that scratching starting the night of the first "incident" and going off & on for about 2 more days! He asks if I know for sure that we had a squirrel the first time. I let him know the thing jumped at my head as I was videoing our dog trying to get it. He looks at me with just a dead pan face and says, "You still got that video?" I'm thinking maybe he can analyze it or something. I say I do. He then gets the biggest grin on his face and says, "You should send that in!" Okay, okay, thank you very much. There goes $150 and a morning shower that I'll never see again. All for the ghost of squirrel.

PS- this is taking place in our dining room. We are still in the process of removing wall paper and pink & purple paint, so I haven't really put anything where it goes. That's why the dog is scampering around an obstacle course of framed artwork, silver platters, and other nick knacks.

No comments: