Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ
2 Peter 3:18

Friday, February 01, 2008

Week In Review

Mom's eye view: Part II

Granna & Big Daddy entertaining their favorite grandchildren.
Wilson had had a relaspe of the crud (he told me the after hours doctor told him he had crud in his eyes- so it IS the official diagnosis) and Miller had been the usual handful so we loaded them up and took them to the grandparents!! They both fell asleep on the way there. I offered to patch the hole in the wall if my parents would just let us drive the car through the house, into the den, and park it there until they woke up the next morning. I didn't get any takers.

It's how she rolls- sometimes . . .

Miller continues to amaze me with her ability to stay completely awake between feedings and need no nap. Equally astounding is her need to be held. Nearly at my wits end, I have purchased a sling. I get her in it happily about 2 out of every 3 times and when it works- it works. I look like the biggest granola crunching, tree hugging, fruitcake in the world, but the dishes get done and I don't have to lug the heavy carseat across parking lots with her screaming all the way into a store.

Nothing better than a bed full of sleeping babies.

Well, except for babies's beds filled with them sleeping in them instead of yours. Miller was sleeping until Phil put her down (again she must be held at all times). I was holding Wilson and Phil was holding Miller. He concluded this is why people have a third child- that way there'd be someone around to take pictures when both parents have their hands full doing something cute with the other kids. It was acutally pretty and not freezing all at the same time a couple of days ago. Wilson took his camping stove and a bucket of water out to his picnic table and cooked for hours. I wish I could have gotten close enough to video all the chatter, but that would, of course, messed him up and I wouldn't have gotten a word and he would have quit playing all together.

I can however suplement with the highlight story of the week. Sunday night Wilson wanted to pop some popcorn. While we were eating it, he asked if I knew any popcorn stories. I said that I didn't and asked if he did. He said that he did so I asked if he'd tell us. To my surprise he obliged:
"Once upon a time there was a little old lady who wanted to pop some popcorn for some children. So she did and she waited for them to come. And that's all."
One other cute Wilsonism from the week:
After school yesterday we went to Granna's for lunch. Big Daddy came home and took his usual before and after lunch naps. He was asleep when we were leaving. A few blocks out of their neighborhood, Wilson yawned and said, I need a nap like Big Daddy. I looked back, not 30 seconds later, and he was out. It's nice when the people in your children's lives can be such good role models.

2 comments:

Mommy of Tyler and Chase said...

If it makes you feel any better, Chase LIVES in the carrier on my chest as well! He hates the car seat and we have yet to run and do any errands in it. I have to get him out and put him in the carrier at EVERY stop! I like your sling, looks stylish:) Wilson is absolutely adorable, thanks for sharing his stories! Colin

Beth said...

The camping stove in the picture looks so much like the real thing--hope his dad will introduce him to the great outdoors. His granddad and uncle will be proud! And the girls can go get their nails done(: