Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ
2 Peter 3:18

Monday, April 14, 2008

Buds




What can I say, two peas in a pod. Wilson has always liked his sister, but lately he has just really been head over heels for her. He wants her with him all the time. I put her in her stroller a good bit when I'm working around the house so she can see what's going on. Sometimes, I'll get busy and realize the stroller is no longer with me. Wilson will have come and gotten Millie to watch TV with him. In the first picture they are watching Toy Story 2. She actually sat and watched it. I didn't hear a peep out of either of them for over half an hour! He also wants to sit and keep her company while she watches one of her movies (Baby Einstein). The next two pictures are from this morning. She was laying on the floor of the playroom after I'd changed her diaper. He asked if he could hold her and when I said yes, he went to pick her up before I could even get in there to help him. As soon as he put his hands on her he realized she's much too heavy for him to pick up and decided instead to get settled on his bean bag chair. As I was handing her to him he asked if I'd like to take their picture. Ever the eager paparazzi, I quickly accepted the rare invitation for a photo shoot and grabbed my camera. What a couple of hams in their jammies! I just got them to bed and she had a bit of trouble getting settled. One of the times that I went in to check on her she'd thrown up- I think I overfed her in an effort to get a few more quiet hours, oops!! Wilson called from his room asking what I was doing. When I told him she'd gotten sick and I was cleaning her up, he asked if he could help. What a sweety! This really is a sweet (and I'm guessing rare & fleeting)time in their sibling relationship. She of course is completely receiving at this point and he is still so innocent that he has not yet realized that your "supposed" to not like your little sister so much and your "supposed" to make trouble with/for siblings! I'm guessing that will change in about 4 months when she starts grabbing everything in sight and crushing Lego towers. But we'll enjoy it while it lasts. Have a great week!

1 comment:

The Segrest Family said...

just precious! love these photos...
thanks for all of your sweet emails and all the good info!