Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ
2 Peter 3:18

Thursday, December 16, 2010

A face to go with a name!!

Here she is!!!!
a couple of days old
9 months old

I just received a Fed Ex package that contains her birth mother's fingerprint and name.  Wow.  So amazing to look at that print and name and know that it belongs to someone so connected to us and yet we'll never know her.  I don't even know the name of the emotion that belongs to this scenario, but it's a little overwhelming! 

Fingerprinting went well this morning, except that I missed a call from Miller's preschool teacher while I was in there saying that she had thrown up at school.  Little Moo missed her Christmas party and has thrown up off and on all day :(  Which leads us to the following . . .

A few lessons I've learned as the proud driver of a minivan- While visiting my grandmother at the hospital I found that the ridiculously tight parking spots are no problem.  Squeeze the van in, open one of the back doors and climb out!  When your preschooler throws up in it- there are about 1000 floor mats that will need to be hosed down when you get home.  Better than the carpet, though, I guess!!

It's safe to say my head's in the clouds with my youngest child but my feet are on the ground with the other two!  There's a lot going on around here!

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Maggie said...

Could she be any more beautiful? We can't wait to meet her!

Suzanne said...

SHE IS TRULY A CHINA DOLL!!! Can't wait to hold her and see her smile with her new family; we love her already!

Elise N. said...

Very precious!!! I'm so happy for you guys. She is just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Aunt ash couldn't be more excited!!!!! She is beautiful:)

Alison said...

Oh Maggie, she is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! I know that ya'll are already in love!!

Mysti Chustz said...

Oh my gosh Maggie!!!! This just made my morning!! Cannot WAIT to meet her!! Praying for ya'll and this precious girl!!

LT (and Max) said...

how exciting!!! she's just beautiful!

Maggie Ethridge said...

Just wanted to clarify that the first Maggie commenting is a dear friend and not me! Didn't want to come across as tooting our own horn- although, no I don't think she could be any more beautiful!! :)

Amanda Hutton said...

She is adorable! Congratulations!!!