Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ
2 Peter 3:18

Friday, January 14, 2011

Big Adoption Week . . .

 We've gotten several fun adoption related emails, FedExes and phone calls this week.  Since Eliza Grace was one on Monday, she had what's called her 2nd physical exam.  It's basically her monthly check up, but because she's a year old now they consider this to be an "official update" for her pediatrician here.  She'll also only be going to the doctor every other month now.  She's about 30 " tall (50%) and 21.5 pounds (also 50%), saying Mamma, Daddy, and food and has four teeth.  She plays pat a cake, waves goodbye, imitates other's behavior, and plays ball.  This is a very standard form, so there's not a lot of insight into her personality, but it's always great to see that she's growing and developing!

Earlier this week we received a receipt for some of our immigration paperwork from the Department of Homeland Security and it had our address listed in the wrong state.  So, I called to make the correction.  While I was on the phone with the officer she let me know that our I600 had been approved!  I absolutely can't believe it- it took less than a month even with all the holidays!  So we are officially done with US paperwork, now we wait for South Korea to do all of their processing.  I'm still saying it'll be this summer before we get her, but with all that's happened maybe we'll get to see her a little sooner.  MAYBE.  Wilson was so excited when I told him- he is so ready for her to come home.  He keeps saying out of the blue "I can't believe they're done with our paperwork and that we might get her before the summer!"  Love that boy!

Then when I didn't think things could get better- we got new pictures of our girl today!  She's gotten enough hair that they've put a teeny tiny bow in in some of the pictures.  It also looks like "grace" is not only her middle name, but a goal to shoot for.  She's got a bit of a bruise on her eye and forehead.  Being a toddler is hard work!






6 comments:

Patty said...

Can't wait! There will be more bruises with her trying to keep up with her brother & sister.

Alison said...

Oh my goodness, she is just a doll!!! LOVE the new pics and all the good adoption news! So glad that your journey is going so fast!!!

Patty said...

By the way....Aunt Ash has made her prediction that '
"the call" will come mid Feb.....with God, all things are possible!!!!!!! Who knows? Maybe WEE knows something we don't!

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful! Praying for a speedy TC!! I've been working on the "grace" thing myself for 28 years!! Sometimes it just doesn't happen ;) lol

laura said...

She is so cute!! So excited to hear that things are going so well! Praying for y'all!

Elisabeth said...

She is adorable! That is awesome your 1600 was approved so fast. Our agency told me a few days ago to expect up to 6 weeks..... ugh. I pray it is approved as fast as yours was! That would make me jump for joy! I hope you get to travel faster than this summer.